Thursday, July 14, 2011

Big Sky Montana

We understand why they call it that now! As we drove across Montana towards Glacier National Park we watched HUGE storms moving across the landscape towards us. You could see the entire cell, black and angry. It was frightening. We spent our 1st night in a hotel instead of a camp. There was a threat of flash floods and hail. The last thing we need is holes through our camper! Unfortunately when we did stop in Great Falls, MT we noticed a large gash in one of the tires of the camper, went about 1/2 way thru. We will be a little delayed this morning while we put a new tire put on the camper.
We should be in Glacier by early afternoon. We will be primitive camping again, no electricity, water, or Internet. I will update the blogs soon after our stay. After Glacier, we are headed to our friends Chip & Elizabeth Grundy who have a home on Flathead Lake, MT.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Butcavages!

    Wow, we have all been enjoying your photos and blogs so much over the past few weeks. I have actually posted, or thought I posted, several comments until Carl told me that it was not going through. He tried not to laugh at me too much. My computer skills, or there lack of, do not surprise me. However, I will summarize: I wished Daiv a very happy birthday in Yellowstone, have thoroughly enjoyed the wild life at each park and most of all your faces tell it all! What an amazing experience you are all having! Well, like I said before you all left, we are living vicariously through you all. Thank you for sharing this incredible experience with us all. We anticipate each new post and imagine the peace, the priceless family time and adventures you are all having! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We put two new radial tires on the camper and were off to Glacier National Park.

    Yeah Kyle! So glad your posts work now.

    ReplyDelete