Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oklahoma is O.K. with us!

We entered Oklahoma today and I did my usual web search of places to eat while traveling. On the "Roadside Eats" website I found a favorite called Jigg's. This 30 year old hole in the wall makes their own barbecue sauce and beef jerky. We pulled off of Route 66 into this dive and Alexis once again did her little happy jig at Jigg's. We left with 4 full bellies, a couple jars of sauce, and a 1/2 lb. of jerky.
Today we traveled 7 hours so we could make AR tomorrow to meet my brother and his family. The kids are very excited to see their cousins. We found a campground called Water's Edge on Lake Grand in NE Oklahoma. Our site is situated at the point and the breeze off the lake reminds us of VT. I hear crickets, waves lapping the shore, and the wind in the trees as I write this blog. This is one of our best campsites, and believe me, we have had some great ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment